Light on fluff
Whether it appears in print or online, medical and health care content must be accurate, clear and concise. Each assignment begins with a thorough understanding of your team’s intended purpose, audience and result.
We know health care
Effective communication is essential, and we understand our role in the overall patient care experience. Since 1990, we’ve helped hospitals, medical groups, health plans and related businesses effectively reach both internal and external audiences.
- Patient-focused content about medical procedures and services, including bariatrics, cardiology, general surgery, internal medicine, mental health, neurology, oncology, orthopaedics, pediatrics and rehabilitation.
- Dramatic success stories featuring physicians, nurses and patients we’ll never forget.
- Topical health, wellness and lifestyle articles, such as microblading and sleep hygiene.
- Easy-to-understand content explaining health plan benefits and policies.
- Employee and medical staff newsletters, from writing and editing to complete project management.
We also wrote a 282-page textbook for a 40-hour medical and health care interpreter training course.
Meet the Team
From cardiac catheterization and caregiving, to workplace wellness and weight-loss surgery-we’ll quickly get up to speed on your topic. Need it in Mandarin, Tagalog or Hindi? We may assist with that, too.
Pam is an award-winning writer with extensive experience in health care public relations and marketing communications. She is a member of the Society of Healthcare Strategy and Market Development (SHSMD), an affiliate of the American Hospital Association, and the Health Care Communicators of Southern California. Former president of the Healthcare Public Relations & Marketing Association (HPRMA) of Southern California, she served on the executive board from 2013 to 2016.
Prior to starting Westcott Communications in 1990, Pam was the marketing director of a Southern California health center. Her background also includes hospitals and nonprofit organizations. She graduated with honors from Cal Poly Pomona with a bachelor of science degree and a minor in marketing management. She coordinated the university’s health fair during her senior year-and her path was set.
We’re delighted to work with your in-house team or other vendors. As needed, we refer to talented graphic design, photography, translation, media relations, advertising, audiovisual, search engine optimization and secondary research professionals with solid healthcare experience.